MOTHER EARTH NEWS COLLECTOR SERIES: SELF-SUFFICIENCY AND COUNTRY SKILLS
Mother Earth News is proud to bring you our Double Issue Collector Series Mother Earth News Self-Sufficiency and Country Skills! This guide is packed with timeless tips to have you living off the land in no time. Filled with beautiful photographs, helpful charts, practical recipes, and timeless bits of wisdom, this guide will teach you how to live self-reliantly. Learn about: the top tools for small homesteads; solar heating; the best staple crops to plant; adding dairy cows to your homestead; seed starting; and more with this issue.
Selections from this 160-page soft-cover book include:
- Expert Advice for Greenhouse Growing: Add value to your property and multiply your fresh food year-round.
- Farm Fencing: Horse High, Chicken Tight, and Bull Strong: When fencing livestock, there is much to consider. Here's how to make the best choice for your homestead, and your animals.
- How to Make - and Use! - Homemade Vinegar: Get creative and enhance almost any recipe with flavor-packed vinegars made from red wine, white wine, apple cider, and beer.
- A History of Geese as Guard Animals: Control weeds and unwelcome guests with a few feathered friends.
- How to Raise Honeybees: If the draw of fresh honey has given you bees on the brain, learn how to raise honeybees for excitement and sweetness for years to come.
- Medicinal Herbs for Difficult Growing Conditions: Pick the medicinal plants that will thrive in shady, swampy, or dry environments.
- Yarn Farming: Sheep, alpaca, and llama wool can bring a tidy sum to the small farm without the fuss of breeding.
- Craft These Fresh Easy Cheeses: Make several pounds of cheese from these easy-to-follow directions including basic supplies, tools, and resources to continue your new dairy dalliance.
Format: Other/miscellaneous products
Item Number: 9149